Expressions and idioms using the word ‘heart’.
1. a heart of gold – a generous nature.? Even though that guy seems rough on the outside, he’ll do anything for you.? He has a heart of gold.
2. heart to heart – candid, intimate.?They wanted to solve their personal problems so they had a heart to heart talk.
3. from the heart or from the bottom of one’s heart – sincerely, deeply.? I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that I love you.
4. a heart of stone – a stern or cruel nature.?? He doesn’t seem to care about the suffering of others.? He has a heart of stone.
5. to wear one’s heart on one’s sleeve – to make one’s feelings obvious.? It was clear how much he cared about her. He always wore his heart on his sleeve.