Expressions using parts of the body.
1. to be tight-fisted -? to be unwilling to spend money.? He never likes to buy anything he doesn’t really need.? He’s very tight-fisted.
2. to be in tears – to be crying or weeping.? That movie made me sad.? By the end, I was in tears.
3. to be long-winded – to talk at great length, to be unable to say something in only a few words.? When my boss has a meeting, it goes on forever because she’s so long-winded.
4. to be tight-lipped – to be secretive.? You can tell him anything.? It won’t get out because he’s so tight-lipped.
5. to win hands down – to win easily, by a large margin.? She won the math contest hands down.? No one was close to her score.